Wednesday, April 18, 2007

t-32: would this be wrong?

I am speaking at an event tomorrow.

It's a subject I know pretty well.

But still, I'm not really prepared. It won't be dreadful, but it won't be the kind of performance I like to give. Problem is - I've got a week of work left and I just don't care quite so much.

Would it be wrong to take my jacket off and rub my big pregnant belly a little bit and hope the audience is more sympathetic to me? Would that be bad for the sisterhood?

Just asking.

32 days til baby Cletus

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote "bad for the sisterhood." BS if you must, but play the preggo card at the buffet table, not work.

Vol Abroad said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah but do you think it would work?

And BS if I must? I do nothing but that...it's just the quality of the BS patter I'm worried about.

Anonymous said...

VolMom votes: get ready. It will not take you long. You'll feel much better.

Vol Abroad said...

actually, it was OK - I overran, but no one seemed to mind too much - that was the only real problem.

The main problem was that I showed up flustered because I only BARELY made it on time to step up on the podium, because I was trapped in the Northern Line, got turfed off the train, was forced to find an alternative route. This despite the fact I was sure I'd left in plenty of time to arrive at the start of the registration period.

Anonymous said...

you can only do so much to get somewhere on time. That's another way to play the preggo card: waddling takes more time when detoured.