Saturday, April 28, 2007

t-22: a note to Alabamians

For my color blind Alabama friends (here and here) who say hurtful things like:

Tennessee orange = hunter orange
Tennessee orange = pickin-up-trash-by-the-side-of-the-road orange


I would just like to point out the difference.

My mom, a Tennessean by birth and alumna (a couple of times over) of the University of Tennessee made this outfit for baby Cletus:


baby vol outfit
And you gotta click thru to see the orange top-stitching

But my friend, a Brit, who doesn't understand the ways and subtleties of orange, made Cletus this:

blaze orange baby sweater

Now...you see that is blaze orange. See.

Scroll up and down. Spot the difference. Adjust your monitor if necessary. One is a bright golden orange (the top photo) and one is a safety beacon.

And again:
color sample color sample2

Still, this blaze orange sweater might come in quite handy - for example, if he were wearing this...

Cletus Wardrobe 006

...just on its own, we might lose the baby if we accidentally set him down in a pile of leaves.


22 days til baby Cletus

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

The two years I have been reading- you always wrote funny posts. . . but lately they have been really hysterical.

Anonymous said...

I've always been told the beauty (in the eyes of the beholder) of Tennessee orange is that after the football game you may go directly back to deer hunting or picking up trash on the side of the road.

Vol Abroad said...

Now, listen here - I got to all this trouble to make a primer and a color chart and then you gotta say stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

My stepson is a UT grad and owns numerous article of clothing, supposedly "UT Orange". None of them are the same color which only adds to my confusion. Go figure.

Vol Abroad said...

I will concede that the masters of orange at the U. of Tennessee have not been guarding the color as closely as they might.