Tuesday, April 17, 2007

t-33: things I'll never do

VolMom has always said that you should never say never - 'cause that will be the one thing that you'll be guaranteed to do. I bet that particularly applies to parenting.

  • I'll never smack my kids
  • My kid will never be disrepectful or disobedient.
  • I'll never belittle my child.
  • My boy will never use the outside voice when the inside voice will do.

But my friend VolK recently told me about something that I can pretty much guarantee I'll never do.

She lives out in California, so maybe they do things differently there. She's been visiting friends who have a new baby. She learned some things about breastfeeding which she's passed on in an email. These friends of hers are also keeping a journal. A journal of every time the child breastfeeds (how long, which breast) and every time it makes a poo - and what the poo was like.

And yes, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll not ever - yes, that's never - keep a poo journal.

I can gurantee that because I'm way too lazy and a poo journal just seems way, way too anal.

33 days til baby Cletus

No comments: