Monday, April 16, 2007

t-34: the work countdown

I've only got 7 more days of working. Not counting today. I'm not going in for at least two of those days (I'll be working from home).

I'm worried I'll be bored, but I think I've maybe had it. It takes me almost an hour to get to work (door to door) with at least 40 minutes in the Underground system.

But really, it's working at a desk that's getting me. I don't remember to get up to move around - I stick at my chair. And now my feet and legs are really swollen. They get swollen, too if I work all day on the desk at home - but it's easier for me to remember to get up and walk around and take a look at the garden, pet the cats, catch up on my reading with my feet propped up.

I'm still worried I'll be bored in the low mobility, post work, pre-Cletus days. But for now I think I've had it.

-0-

On the upside, I've stopped listening to the stuff that doesn't apply to me. But I'm still annoyed by the co-worker who seems to undermine me for no reason. This person just doesn't get it and seems to be bothered by the fact that I do. I was quite worried that the project I was working on will fail without me. It probably will fail - but I care less. I'm not going to kill myself making sure it doesn't.

34 days til baby Cletus

No comments: