Tuesday, April 10, 2007

T minus 40 and counting

OK, it's 40 days until I'm expecting baby Cletus. That's 40 days and 40 nights - like Lent or Noah's cruise on the Ark or Jesus fasting in the wilderness. And I bet that feels slow for everyone. 40 days until the end of the 40 weeks.

Technically, it's 38 days until my official due date. But my last pre-natal class doesn't finish until the day after my due date - and I'm seriously worried that the last class will be one where all the secrets of parenting will be revealed.

I say this to people who are already parents and they scoff. Like a genuine onomatopoeaic scoff. There are no secrets, they say.

I nod. Yeah, right. But see, I figure they've already been to those classes. They probably don't want me to find out the secrets and so forever after me and my kid will be at a permanent disadvantage.

1 comment:

Lynnster said...

You are that close? Gosh, I thought it was still a ways off more than that! How exciting!

I'm sure Cletus has plenty of Big Orange stuff already, but if I can find what I'm looking for I might have to get your postal address and send him a "welcome to the world" gift. Since my sister (Vol fan) is not having children and my two young brothers-in-law-to-be are both Auburn fans (ugh), I have no Vol babies to spoil right now. I'll get back with you on that if I can find what I want to! :)