Friday, October 14, 2005

Fun with the Sun

Gosh, you gotta love The Sun - that king of British tabloids, that sleazy red top rag.

I feel uncomfortable buying it, but I have to admit that I'm thrilled when I find a copy on the Tube. It's like the Weekly World News, the Enquirer and USA Today all rolled into one. It has pictures of nekkid girls on Page 3, when I first came to this country that kind of disturbed me, but it's all par for the course now. (If I'm riding on the Tube next to a young man, I like to keep it open to page 3 just long enough to get his attention, and then quickly flip it over to another page).

What I really love the Sun for is that it has the best advice column in the world Dear Deidre. Typical Q&A is:

Dear Deidre,

My partner is 23 and I am 21. We've been living together for 2 years, and we have one child together and I have a child from a previous relationship. Lately, he seems to be off sex and I feel really neglected.

I was round his Mum and Dad's recently and he and his Mum took the kids out to McDonalds. His Dad and I were watching tv and one thing led to another. Now we can't keep our hands off each other, but I feel guilty.

Should I tell my partner? Do you think he'll understand?

Lonesome in Woking
______

Dear Lonesome,

We all face temptation from time to time, but you must stop sleeping with your father-in-law. You need to ask yourself if who is helped by coming clean with your partner.

For more help phone my really expensive helpline Sleeping with your in-laws?

-Deidre.

Today's real gem on the Sun Online is the David Hasselhoff photo montage slide show.

No comments: