Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Where is VolBro?

My brother, aka VolBro, aka Bud is a hard fellow to track down. He doesn't always feel like answering his phone.

I know where he works - it's at a well-known liquor store in Knoxville. But I don't want to call him there, since he's relatively new to this liquor store, having resigned from his position at another well-known Knoxvegas boozeria.

I tried to Google him, mostly for a laugh, since he's kind of a private person, and I think he's trying to keep his Internet profile low. Under his real name, there's someone who wins a lot of cycle races, but I don't think that's VolBro. I also searched under "poker tournaments", since that's much more his style (see you can smoke and drink beer while playing poker, harder to do on a bike) and he's won a couple recently. But there are way too many poker tournament listings for me to wade through, and I don't have any particulars on the tournaments he's entered. Apparently he's promised VolMom that he won't be quitting school to follow the career of a professional poker player, as VolDad did in the 60s to become a professional Bridge player (losing his deferral status in the process and winding up in the Army instead).

If you Google "VolBro", something kind of interesting shows up. Looking down the page, there's a KGB Volunteer Brochure (V0l Bro). I didn't know the KGB was still taking people, but apparently they are, and they promise if you join you can make a difference. You can check out the brochure yourself (link to a pdf file).

Anyway, VolBro, if you read this post - give your sister a call, I promise I'll call you right back. I'll email you with my number.

No comments: