Sunday, October 09, 2005

Texas blowout

It's hard to be an expat sometimes. Today for example. I stayed off others' websites last night and this morning so I wouldn't see any football scores, since I was planning to watch the Red River rivalry game between OU and Texas at noon today. Even though I know that it was shown live last night on the North American Sports Network (NASN).

Turns out that with just a couple of minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, NASN switches to the Michigan-Minnesota game. But because this OU-Texas game has been in the NASN schedule for ages, lots of Texas fans came out to Bodeans to watch the final quarter of the game. And I went up there to watch the whole thing.

Only we never saw it, because NASN simply replayed the same feed today. It cut out again in the third quarter. I understand that this happened in much of America, so I guess it was the full "as live" experience. But there were a bunch of disappointed Texas fans in the joint, well frustrated and jubilant was more like it, as Texas beat OU 45-12 (if the oral report was correct)

I still haven't seen the Tennessee-UGA score, but I have been told "I'm pretty sure Tennessee lost.". Great. I've either got a pleasant surprise or a confirmation of defeat waiting for me when I get home.

No comments: