Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Vol-in-Law's Pig News

Pig related items banned:

A city council in the Midlands, UK has banned porcine items in the council, according to a Telegraph article.

Cllr Mahbubur Rahman is in favour of the blanket pig crackdown. "It is a good thing, it is a tolerance and acceptance of their beliefs and understanding," he said. That's all, folks, as Porky Pig used to stammer at the end of Looney Tunes. Just a little helpful proscription in the interests of tolerance and acceptance.

And where's the harm in that? As Pastor Niemöller said, first they came for Piglet and I did not speak out because I was not a Disney character and, if I was, I'm more of an Eeyore.


This, unfortunately, is what the ideology of "Diversity" means in the UK today - banning pictures of Piglet. Women in burqas and veils Good, pictures of pigs Bad. Personally I find this very scary. Especially as I'm a bit of an Eeyore myself.

UPDATE: via Instapundit Cox & Forkum have a great cartoon.

No comments: