Saturday, October 22, 2005

Kitty-rama

After my previous post about cruelty to cats - I tracked down my cats to give them each a big hug. But they don't like big hugs, and ran away. So I approached them quietly and calmy and petted them. But each doesn't like it when I show affection to the other cat, so that prompted a fight. Oh well.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share some pics of my cats. They are either not too photogenic or I am not a good photographer or my camera sucks. (I prefer to blame them or my tool, since I am a poor workman.) Or you can check out this website with cute pictures of cats to fulfill your pet-sploitation fantasies.

Here is a photo of Fancy on my shed roof. You can see her glistening medallion. No, she's not a disco cat - that's her Battersea medallion.

Black cat on shed roof

Battersea Dogs' and Cats' Home supplies pets to the stars and turns many lesser mortals away pet-less. So I am quite pleased to have got a cat from Battersea, after three separate visits including a nerve-wracking interview about our cat-owning suitability. Fancy lost her collar one day, and I was really disappointed. How could I brag that my cat came from Battersea? But then a few days later she found her collar and brought it to the Vol-in-Law, dropping it at his feet. She's so clever.

Below is a picture of my other cat. She's not very bright and she is grouchy. She doesn't like to be picked up. But she is very fond of me and that's a characteristic I find endearing in man or beast.

white and black cat

Here is another picture of Fancy - it's all artistic like.

Black cat

Tags: Pets , cat, Animals,

7 comments:

melusina said...

Beautiful kitties.

By the way, what the hell is wrong with that woman? I opted not to go to the news stories, too rough for me. She is on her way to being a serial killer, if you ask me.

Vol Abroad said...

If you go to the BBC link you can see her picture and while anyone can take a bad photo (for example I look like an axe murderer in my passport picture) she really looks hard and mean.

I do think that anyone who would do that to their pet and seemingly take pleasure in it, in front of her own kids surely has something dangerously wrong with her.

melusina said...

Well, you have to wonder if the cat was somehow a substitute for the children. And her telling the ex about it was her way of saying "see how evil I can be?"

I really hope she gets the help she needs.

St. Caffeine said...

I feel sorry for the "other cat". Doesn't she have a name?

Vol Abroad said...

Don't feel sorry for 'other cat' she's very shy. She blogs anonymously.

genderist said...

Zoloft would like to be pen-pals with the fancy Battersea cats. She's so excited that she's running around pouncing things.

Vol-in-Law said...

Other Cat is not a Battersea cat. She's home grown (we thought her mother Bertie was a male until she went into heat at 18 months & got pregnant).