Friday, May 25, 2007

Birthday ideas

OK, it's my birthday on Sunday - and we hadn't really made any plans because, well, we're expecting a baby.

But I know I'll be disappointed if the Vol-in-Law doesn't come through with some kind of thoughtful gift. Last year we took a print making course at the Wallace Collection, which was fun. I know I don't want clothes and the ViL scoffed at a suggested of jewelry as he thought I had enough already (foolish male). My garden is chock full of plants.

Usually what I do is make some suggestions, and he picks from the list but I can't think of anything.

Please help out the ViL with a few suggestions in the comments. I won't peek. But please - don't say "a baby".

5 comments:

Kat Coble said...

May babies rock. Cletus better get here before next Friday so he'll be in the club.

St. Caffeine said...

I'll suggest the present I got Caffeine Bro for his birthday:
"Last of the Breed" -- a joint venture by Willie Nelson, Ray Price, and Merle Haggard. I know the Vol isn't a big Willie fan, but she still might like this one. It's quirky and far enough "out there" that it just might work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks St Caffeine - Willie is always brilliant in partnership, even the Vol agrees! :) I've ordered from amazon. - ViL

Anonymous said...

I'd say a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage... and some labor-inducing herbs.

How old will you be?

I will turn 40 the same month NewBaby Hickman is born.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could take over her blog on her birthday and spend all day writing nice things about her. :)