Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A full day's worth of craving

I want a sausage biscuit.

I have no sausage. My biscuit making skills are poor, and of course you can't just go out and buy biscuits.

However, you can buy soda farls. A tasty triangular soda bread from Northern Ireland. Nearest to a biscuit in the British Isles - except you don't seem to cut in any lard to the recipe - so it's not quite as melt-in-your mouth good. (Though probably not as artery hardening either).
The sausage here isn't meaty or sagey enough for my taste. All-in-all there's but poor substitutes for what I need.

-0-

I want some meat and three. Fried okra, mac & cheese, greens of some sort or green beans - actually I can't decide between greens or green beans - ok, I'll have meat and four. With a side of cornbread. And some ice tea. Oh, I didn't tell you what meat? I don't care - what's good today?

What kind of pie do you have?

-0-

I'm kinda full. I'd like a BLT for supper, with Vlassic dill pickles as a side. No mayonnaise on mine. Just a thin smear of brown mustard, please. Maybe an RC to wash it all down with? In a nod to health, I'd like some carrot sticks, too.

No comments: