Saturday, May 26, 2007

t-0 (-6): cute outfits

Well, I'm still out walking - we took another long walk in Richmond Deer Park. It's the Saturday of a holiday weekend, but there were very few people about. I guess the leaden skies threatening rain kept the less cabin be-fevered away. It was nice though, and the cooler weather has helped keep the swelling in my feet to a manageable level. We went pretty much straight after lunch, and there's a lot of strain in my abdominals, so I got a stitch from walking. This happens a lot, but I find myself wishing and hoping it was more than a stitch.

We saw swans and geese with their hatchlings. They're kinda ugly. But they're kinda cute. I'm trying not to be jealous of the critters with their newborns.

swan parade

watchful goosey

-0-

We've been trying to entice Cletus out to the world outside by telling him about all the things that he can do and the places he can go. Right now, it's not much, but surely it's better and more interesting than the current cramped quarters.

We've got all kinds of interesting things for him. We've got cats and a swing. We've got a baby snuggle nest. We've told him so. I also told him that he's got lots of cute outfits to wear. As soon as I said it, I realised how stupid that was. I myself used to run at the phrase "C'mon and try this on."

6 days of baby Cletus lateness

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. And good luck.

Lynnster said...

Well, Happy Birthday. And I'm sorry Cletus didn't deign to make his entrance yet to wish you one in person (I know, I know, preferably the day before your birthday)...