Friday, May 18, 2007

Pollenious

Yesterday we went for a nice long walk in Richmond Deer Park - probably about four miles. I didn't bring my camera as I usually do, because I feel like I'm carrying enough right now. I knew as soon as I didn't bring my camera there would be something good - sure enough we saw three does swimming in the lake. The surface was choppy and silvery - it would have looked cool. Maybe something like this:

king deer in the water

Anyway, the sky was overcast, a heavy gray. We also felt quite soporific. Several times I wanted to lie down in the grass and bracken and sleep. I think the pollen count is very high - quite pollenious I described it.

Yes, I know it's not a real word - I told the Vol-in-Law.

It sounds like a Latin surname, he said.

I think it's a Shakespeare character, Ophelia's snooping father.


I still feel sleepy. I don't know if it's being 40 weeks pregnant, or the polleniousness of the London air, or some combination of the two. But I'm a bit stuffed up and tired.

No comments: