Tuesday, May 29, 2007

t-0 (-9): finally I see a celebrity...on the labour ward

I had a monitoring appointment today. The midwives and junior doctors wanted to put me on the induction train for Cletus's lack of promptness. I said no. They said that only a senior doctor could "let me" go and agree an "alternate" care plan. So we waited and saw a senior doctor. He was totally cool with our wanting to watch and wait. He didn't think there was any risk in waiting until our cut-off date for induction (a week from today). So we went on home.

On the way out I saw Jordan, glamour model, pneumatic breast wearer and one of these people who seems to make a living off being famous.

I almost never see any celebrities, and if I do - I don't recognise them.

And Jordan's pregnant, too. Quite pregnant.

I'm not really surprised that a celeb was there - just by the fact that I noticed her. Our local hospital is reknowned as one of the better for "problem" pregnancies, and despite the fact it's really not a very nice environment it's definitely the place you want to go if you want to be on the safe side. Or if you're a celeb, you might want to go to a nearby private birthing centre - which is just spitting distance from the hospital. (My house is the same distance, which is why I've felt OK about a home birth).

I actually had my camera with me, but there's no way I'd have got it out at the hospital. First off, what if it wasn't really her? And even if it had been, it just would have been too trashy to snap someone's pic in the hospital.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you had taken Jordan's photo at the hospital, you could have sold it to the tabs and made a fortune! That would've been Cletus's college fund all sewn up. Oh dear. If he finds out about this, he may never come out...

Vol Abroad said...

The ViL said that - although, he was just thinking of keeping the money for ourselves.

The thing is - on the labour ward - everybody has a camera.