Friday, May 11, 2007

t-9: slacker mom

Somebody sent me a copy of a book called Confessions of a Slacker Mom. There was no gift tag. I don't have any idea who sent it.

It looks pretty funny. But I have to wonder...

Is the mysterious gifter trying to reassure me that my parenting style - which will no doubt be fairly slackerish - is OK after all.

Or are they trying to deflect me from my nascent plan of hot housing a child bent on world domination by subtly undermining me with humor???? 'Cause it's not gonna work - baby Cletus will be emperor one day and when he is - I'm going to institute some serious changes.

-0-

I've been a total slacker today. Watched some more daytime tv. Sally Jesse and Judge Judy. Scanned in some more photos. Went to my last midwives appointment. They asked me to schedule an appointment for 41 weeks - that's past my due date. No - wait, I didn't sign up for extra time.

I asked them what I should do if I didn't need the appointment. They seemed to think that I'd be back, but if not - I should just ignore it - no need to call - just forget about them. Cool - I said. Do nothing, just what budding slacker mom wants to hear.

9 days til baby Cletus, and 20 years until I get my hands on some serious power

2 comments:

St. Caffeine said...

It was meant in the BEST of ways. I truly was going for:

"Is the mysterious gifter trying to reassure me that my parenting style - which will no doubt be fairly slackerish - is OK after all."

I gave it to another expectant friend a couple of years ago and I feel sure her child will rule this side of the Atlantic one day, so I think Cletus is safe.

St. Caffeine said...

Oh, as for the lack of a gift card, ... I bought it from a "3rd party seller" on Amazon (you know I'm cheap) and they didn't offer the "include a gift message" option.

C'mon, though, didn't you suspect it might be from me?