Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in America.

It's not the same day as it is in the UK. Back when I first came over - I was dutiful about buying a Mother's Day card in March (the British time) and sometimes I even remembered to actually send it to VolMom at the right time.

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day Vol-Mom. Now, I'll just blog a Happy Mother's Day wish.

-0-

Back in March, during the British Mother's Day time - I asked the Vol-in-Law what he was going to get me on behalf of Cletus or in honor of the fact I was carrying his child.

He said "Well, why should I get you anything for Mother's Day? You're not a mother yet. Let's see how you get on and maybe you'll get something next year."

The ViL's not really good at gift giving - so I wasn't really expecting anything. I'm certainly not expecting anything today - since he's not even American. He did wish me a happy mother's day, though.

-0-

One of VolMom's many talents is flower arranging. I'm not so good at that - and I don't usually bother with cut flowers. But I saw these Sweet William and snap dragons today - going fairly cheap - so made up a bouquet.

So here's a virtual bouquet for VolMom.

bouquet1

And if you get bored of my Mother's Day thoughts - check out this list of women bloggers in Tennessee in honor of the day - or the Mother's Day wishes to the mom bloggers of Nashville is Talking.

No comments: