Tuesday, May 22, 2007

t-0 (-2): still waiting

The Vol-in-Law has developed a special tone now for answering the phone. (I refuse to pick up now.) "We're still waiting," he says. That usually short circuits many of the questions.

We're still waiting. We're tired enough of saying this, that lately every time I hear the phone ring I hope it's Satvinder in Mumbai - masquerading as Sam in the Midlands - wanting to sell me a new mobile phone package - rather than someone asking about the late delivery of the goods.

-0-

We went for another long walk today. I told the ViL about a birth story I read in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. It was a birth that took place on the farm and the mom-to-be started her day by hiking in the woods around Summertown with friends. She described herself as fairly bounding along. I told the ViL that I felt a little bit bad that I wasn't bounding.

But the ViL said "You've basically got three speeds. Meander, trudge and stride. You've never been a bounder."

Nor a cad. Nor a roue.


2 days of baby Cletus lateness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never known you to bound. Sounds like something one does in an emergency. Isn't that what Tigger does?