Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Local blogging

Gummint blogging. There's a topic I'm interested in, though probably best not to go into why (I could tell you, but I'd have to shoot you.) Here in the UK, there is at least one blogging minister. I may not care for his politics, but I do like his style. And there are increasing numbers of local councillor bloggers.

Michael Silence asks what a local government blog should be like
and then bemoans the fact that we have such a limited elected representational presence in the blogosphere, despite the fact that Tennessee has such a fine blogging community.

Well, I'm proud to say that one of the blogging elected is Chris Jackson, Lawrence Co Commissioner and stripling lad (a mere 21). Sure, he's from Loretto, but that's still close enough to the big Burg that I can claim a sense of local pride.

I would like to say to young Mr Jackson:

  1. First, good luck with your blogging endeavors. I hope you keep it up.
  2. Please use the tags function to differentiate your postsby category.
  3. Please, please if you're going to use your Commissioner title blog about some Lawrence County issues.

No comments: