Sunday, May 13, 2007

t-7: I go out walking

I've got two reasons to go walking. My feet are pretty swollen and gentle strolls actually help to keep them from being quite so puffy. And it's said that walking, walking can bring on labor.

Yesterday, we took a fairly lengthy stroll in Richmond Deer Park. The weather threatened to be terrible, but didn't really carry it out so long as we were there. We walked down through Isabella Plantation where the recent rains and slightly cooler weather have sustained the azalea and rhododendron displays.

Drifts of azaleas
drifts of azaleas, this area is normally covered in picknickers

flame azalea
the flame azaleas were especially lovely

And with the unsettled weather and gray skies the place wasn't overrun with visitors as it often can be this time of year.

Even though yesterday was the last day I wanted to go into labor, I still did all that walking. I was rewarded with a few twinges, but nothing major. Cletus is a good boy and will arrive at a convenient time, I'm sure.


7 days til baby Cletus

No comments: